Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 97: I told you so

....where to start....
I believe an I told you so is appropriate here.
Long story short, Mom had appendicitis all day yesterday, refused to go to the hospital until after Sean's final musical performance as a Senior. She finally went yesterday at 2335, even though the pain started at 0900 am!
Needless to say, none of us got much sleep.Mom gave me permission to use this picture....although, she may not remember it seeing as she was on some pretty strong pain meds....

She was admitted to the hospital and scheduled for an appendectomy at 0800 today.
The rooms were VERY nice.
Dad and I shared the couch for our 2-3 hour "sleep/nap."
They took her down for surgery


...waiting....

Mom's fingers are so small, her wedding band only fits on my pinkie finger.
The surgery went very well, and she is resting. Chris came up and surprised Mom with flowers and a balloon. She was so happy to see him.

While Mom was taking a morphine induced nap, we went out to my favorite burger place, Red Robin. The kid's cups are so cute!

Later that day Mom met all of her requirements she needed to be able to come home, YAY!

0 comments: