Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 74: I almost DIED!!!

Woke up this morning feeling great. I started laundry, and continued to work on my process paper. I was folding maybe my 4th load of laundry when it happened.
I saw this black tail slither across the floor and into the closet...the walk in closet that is huge!
I thought maybe my eyes might have been tricking me, but I decided to investigate anyways. I carefully opened the door and to my horror, there were bags and boxes and shoes allllllll over the ground. This gave the little monster tons of places to hide. (by the way, I was bare foot).
So, I carefully moved some things aside one by one, and waited to find whatever it was underneath every nook and cranny. Then, after moving the largest suitcase, I saw it. A huge black and white striped lizard. I was very relieved to know that it was not a snake, so that was partially good news. I still had to catch the little booger, and as it turns out, he is the second fastest type of lizard there are. lucky me.After emptying out the entire contents of the closet in order to keep the lizard out of the bags and boxes and shoes, he managed to run out of the closet and into the bedroom, where I had just moved everything to. AAHH!! I then threw everything onto the bed, thinking that was a safe place to keep it all.
So, after screaming, and running around trying not to get caught by this monster, I managed to corner him behind a large piece of furniture. With my tupperware in hand, I smashed the top down on him, and caught him. I'm finally safe. Sadly I did sort of cut his tail off...into two pieces.Poor little guy, but he did scare the crap out of me, so he sort of deserved it.

1 comments:

Ansley said...

that is sooo scary!! aah!!!